So, we left for our tour of the mountain in high spirits as I seemed to be feeling much better.
This princess lady from puerto rico sitting in front of us said as soon as she heard there would be a one hour hike through the jungle says ¨I cant hike, I am fragile¨. The guide says, well, you can stay in the van if you like, but, it says right in the brochure that we go hiking...that is what the tour is for. Alison and I were ready to club the lady over the head after only 5 minutes. Anyways, we got out into the jungle and started seeing some really amazing flowers.
Alison started to see lots of the jungle floor. And by that I mean she got sick....many many many times. Very sad to see the nurse become the patient.
So, in between seeing spider monkeys, butterflies and toucans poor alison got sick until there was nothing left. As we were wathcing the spider monkeys this crazt spanish lady came up to us and told us that ¨Did you know that the one with the biggest clittoris leads the pack of monkeys and all the rest will follow¨. I coughed and sputterd for a second of two and then confirmed her statement by looking through my 200mm lens. Pictures of the head monkey´s naughty bits to follow.
We treked back to the van, and headed towards the place where you can watch the lava flow off the mountain. It was kinda lame to be honest, because the cloud cover obscured all but the bottom half of the volcano. So all we could see were some sparks when a really big belch of lava would come out. Ohh well...you can´t control the weather.
We were set to go to the hot springs, alison wanted to be a trooper and still go on to them, but, I insited that we go back to the hotel. Thank god she didnt put up too much of a fight.
We got back to the hotel and seeing her condition I took her to the doctor. Our nice american medical student friends were kind enough to drive us to the clinic a few blocks away. The doctor gave alison a shot in the bum of some stuff that reduces nausia. We figure she has food poisioning and should be fine tommorow. We got a presciption from the pharmacy that she is to take until tommorow night. I trust she will be OK, but, as always it is a bit scary being ill in a foreign country. She is now resting in bed drinking poweraide to replace her electrolytes.
Will update the blog tommorow morning.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment